Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2 - weekly menu


Ok peeps - haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd get back in the groove with our weekly menu.  I've had lots of my friends asking me for my menus so documenting them here and sharing with you seemed like a good place to start!

This week is not real inventive because we seemed to be busy busy these days. But here goes:

Monday (I have a cold and needed a soup with a little kick):
Crockpot chicken chili (used 1/4 block of cream cheese only) and jalapeño cornbread (used can Of green chilis instead of pickled jalapeños)

http://rita-may-recipes.blogspot.com/2011/11/crock-pot-cream-cheese-chicken-chile.html
http://thehealthyfoodie.com/2011/04/05/bell-pepper-soup-and-cornbread/

Tuesday (football night):
Hotdogs/corn on cob/chips

Wednesday:  
Chicken stir fry/faux fried rice/mini egg rolls

Thursday (heading to yellow daisy festival for the day):
Spaghetti I had frozen already.  Put on crockpot for the day.  I always make a huge pot of spaghetti and freeze an additional meal.  Saves so much time.  

Friday:
Crockpot salsa chicken:   6 breasts, bottle of salsa, package of taco seasoning.  Cook for 8 hrs on low.  Use in tacos with rice and corn.

Saturday:   All my boys will be at a Dove shoot all day so, my little Chica and I will be eating out!

Sunday (baseball tournament all day)
Roast beef with carrots/potatoes/onions in crockpot.   Bread in bread maker ( best breadmaker bread ever!) and fresh steamed green beans.

http://cookingoncloverlane.blogspot.com/2011/10/basic-bread-in-bread-maker.html


Well that's all folks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment